Thursday, October 13, 2011

Carseat Houdini


As luck would have, my bad luck that is, Lauren has found out how to unbuckle one of the two buckles that currently keep her safe...and let's call a spade a spade, it keeps her locked away from the rest of the car/world when needed.  So I called to tell my mom about this new found talent of Lauren's, and she told me that my oldest brother, Jimmy, had quite a doozie of a carseat unbuckling story. Apparently, once Jimmy found out how to unbuckle himself, he was able to open the car door and get out of his seat and into traffic before mom could stop him!  This was back in '75-'76 timeframe, so child safety restraints and child safety locks were "different", but wow, talk about a heart stopping event for a mother. Mom said Jimmy came away from the situation safe, but it sure scared the bajeezus out of her! Needless to say, I'll be turning on Lauren's door child safety lock ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment