Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Where's the Nutella Girls?! ...& Baby Hulk Sighting!

So I was trying out a new banana bread muffin recipe.  One with the likes of peanut butter and Nutella stuffed in the middle.  Sounds pretty delicious right?! Well, unfortunately I can't verify their tastiness.  At least not how these recipes were written because a key ingredient mysteriously went missing in the middle of the muffin liner filling process.  Can you guess which ingredient went rogue, and where it went?!


"Um girls, where's the Nutella?"  Lauren chimes in, "Olivia did it!"  Good to know that Lauren is still the bus driver, freely rolling over people she throws under the buses path! Beep, beep!  I turn to Olivia to find the hot mess in the picture above.  "Olivia, what happened to the Nutella?"  Olivia looks directly into my eyes and shrugs, "I no no mommy"  Meaning?  You guessed it, "I don't know mommy."  She's so cute here, but I was not so woo'd at the time, so I pulled her off her stool and went about finishing the muffins. 
 
She had pretty much depleted my small existing rations, so I had to change up the recipe on the fly--chocolate chips in the batter with a teaspoon of peanut butter sunk in the middle.  Now I can comment on these muffins.  Rating = Tasty! 


Girls waiting in angst to see if they'd get to reap the remnants of the mixing bowl.
By the time I got the pans in the oven, Olivia had pulled a chair over to the counter and she and Lauren proceeded to climb onto the counter.  They were looking to lick anything I would pass their way, which I did accommodate.  Olivia was already a hot, Nutella, chocolate mess, and I felt that Lauren deserved a reward for not downing the Nutella alongside Olivia.  So they did in fact get to lick the mixing paddle and the spatula.  Then each proceeded to get a paper towel bath to get the gunk off.  Here they are looking nice and clean, showing off their Easter bunnies that Nana Barbie sent them.  Overall it was a baking success, even if it was a baby-made mess!  OH! and check out the chance sighting I got of Baby Hulk--flexed arm pose, gritted teeth and all!!!

Check out the Baby Hulk Pose Olivia is rocking! 
She wanted to scare me off in case I tried to come at her with a wet wipe again!


Sweet Lauren was showing me how she rocked her bunny to sleep.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment