Monday, October 10, 2011

Braeutigam Orchards

Today Lauren, Olivia and I went with our friends, the Noorlanders, to pick apples at another local orchard--Braeutigam Orchards. They too have a children's play area, of which Lauren loved...and tore apart! She didn't like the goats, telling us that by her one-tone screaming in their faces. I really wish I had videoed this, verses taking this picture.

Lauren literally screaming in their faces.
But once we got past the goats, it was all fun and games. Lauren especially liked playing with dried soy beans...to the point of my boredom! So we had to physically move her on from that play space.


Ahhhhh soybeans :)

Lauren checking out the coop.


She stayed in this squat "the mother" position for minutes on end.
Maybe her jeans were too tight?! :)
Then we finally headed to the orchards, where it was pretty picked over in the "within arms length" areas. Leaving us to climb ladders to get those higher up. Not a big deal, just had to wait for a latter...This was the time that both Bec and I said, "We really wish our husbands were here." No need to climb ladders when Nate just had to raise his go-go-gadget arms to get the good apples! Yet another number and reason to put on my "Why I Love My Husband" list. :0)


On the trailer ride out...
Waiting in the pumpkin patch for the farmer to come retrieve us.
Lauren picking flowers
Lauren fading while waiting for me to pay for our apples.
Books couldn't even keep this bookworm's attention/eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment