Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trunk-or-Treat & Costume Prizes

We went to our church/ward trunk-or-treat last night, and it was a blast!  The girls were excited to be outside after the sun went down...so was Nate...and I was just excited to have some built in night entertainment for us all.  And we were not disappointed!  Costumes galore, car trunks decked out to the nines, and delicious treats for all.  Lauren went as Rapunzel, Olivia was Minnie Mouse, Nate was a Hipster, and I went as a Chik-Fil-A Cow (the one with the "Eat Mor Chikin" signs).
I wasn't on the ball enough to get a picture of our "trunk", but we and the Holmes' family strung up paper lanterns between our cars.  The lanterns were filled with glow sticks, but because we parked under one of the few street lights in our parking lot, the glow effect was lost. :( Poor planning on my part; but there's always next year ;0)
Lauren was infatuated with giving herself a glow stick mustache

Olivia has a blue frosting mustache from the Minion she ate earlier.
I included this picture because I love Olivia's smile in it.  She looks like her cousin Amelia!
Lauren with her bestie, Reagan Bateman (dressed as a flamingo!)
Oh, and guess who won a ward costume prize this year???  I did!  I took home the Funniest Costume prize for my Chik-Fil-A cow--sweet! Hopefully no one will feel ripped off when I wear it for Chik-Fil-A's Cow Appreciation Day (i.e. wear a cow costume and get a free meal day).
Funniest Costume "trophy"!

1 comment: