Sunday, November 3, 2013

Burlap Banners

I loved making burlap banners!  They were quick, easy, cheap to make, and you could have a finished product to hang up and look snazzy that day!  The ONE thing that drove me nuts though was the loose threads/pieces of burlap left behind on everything!  Items not even close to the action of making these banners ended up with loose burlap debris.  So since I loved the look of these banners, but hated the mess they left behind, I decided to make numerous banners all at once.  Because then I could put the burlap and all of it's debris, away. I'll definitely be making more, especially since my cricut makes it all so quick.  Love, love, love these!!!
"Give Thanks" is the banner I currently have on my mantel.  It does need some sprucing up (bows, buttons, flowery poofs, etc), but that's best added while the banner is hanging.  Guess I need to get on the ball!  It is November after all!
 

2 comments:

  1. these look so great! How did you get the patterns on the burlap? Jealous I don't live by you and your craftiness anymore ;). Would have been a fun lunch and craft day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kara--I used my cricut and cut our freezer paper letters, which I then ironed on to the burlap to paint (many tutorials on pinterest). You could easily free hand letters, cut them out, and achieve the same thing though. And you're right. Had we been back in Southern Illinois--this would've been a lunch and craft day at Kelly's like the days of old *sigh* :(

      Delete