Monday, December 3, 2012

Gymnastics & Dance...Ready or Not, Here Comes Lauren!!!

So we were able to sign Lauren up for gymnastics and dance classes at the local parks and rec center.  Due to the Lee District Rec Center's great reputation though, all classes are usually full with 10+ person waiting lists, before 10am the day of early registration! It was a shock to me when we got here in August that I wasn't able to get her in any classes until this early registration round opened, and these classes don't even start until January.  So to ensure we got an actual spot in these classes, I woke up at 5am (without a kid waking me up!), and jumped online to enroll Lauren in these classes! We were the first enrollees in one class, and second in the other two.
So now that we were confirmed class enrollees in both dance and gymnastics, I was now allowed to buy leotards and dance shoes for Lauren.  We scored some great deals from Amazon and had the leotard and shoes in our hot little hands within two days of ordering them!  Lauren put the leotard and shoes on at 9am in the morning, and was ripped from them both at 6:30pm, kicking and screaming into the bath.  But she sure was cute spinning around and saying, "me mommy, me mommy". As in "watch me mommy".  I'm sure glad to have active activities for her to do come January, as we need to burn off that energy somehow.  Otherwise it just burns up the house!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my she looks SO big. I love this pic. Natty will love seeing that both Lauren and her are beginner gymnasts.

    ReplyDelete