Thursday, January 19, 2012

So What Can Lauren Do @ 18 Months Old???

The last two weeks I've been asked four separate times about the capabilities that Baby Lauren currently possesses... So since I'm well versed on her abilities right now, I thought I'd share them with you all:

- Vocabulary of approx 18 words (to include: no, please, ball, SpongeBob, sissy, baby, bye, Papa, daddy, Mama, yeah...)
- Is a stair pro, thanks to our living room stairs
- Claps for herself
- Initiates dancing when she hears ANY music
- Gives high-fives!
- Scoots to/from on her tricycle
- Scribbles with pencils & crayons
- Empties/refills toy chest & backpack
- Can bring garbage to the trash when asked to :)
- Climbs in/out of the Tahoe
- Turns book pages one-by-one
- Grabs remote when she wants to watch a kid show verses mom's show
- Will pick-up toys when asked
- Drinks from water bottles, straws...not so great @ the open cup yet though :)
- Crouches to pick-up things
- Summons mom when Olivia/"sissy" is crying
- Climbs on table chairs & bar stools, in hopes to get on the table or kitchen island
- Can identify candy ;)
- Builds block towers & then knocks them down with a chuckle
- Loves her baby dolls--hugs them & pats their backs
- Pretends to use the toilet
- "Washes" her hair whenever she has water on her hands
- Pretends to blow her nose when handed a tissue
- Folds her arms to pray, then proceeds to babble through the prayer
- Climbs into/out of her highchair
- Actively seeks her shoes & jacket when I tell her we are going bye-bye
- Wipes up spills/crumbs...more like smears it all...
- Waves good-bye to anyone & everyone!
- Kicks balls & throws overhand
- Will do pretty much anything that you ask after hearing the magic word--TREAT!

...okay, that's all I have off the top of my head. At any rate, we are super proud of our sweet girl & pray she continues her progress in normalcy! ;0)

2 comments:

  1. Yay Lauren! Can't wait to see her soon. I loved the remote one and the washing hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you. :)

    I'm just getting to know Lauren, but she's a keeper! Your girls are wiggling their way right into my heart.

    ReplyDelete